Get blog updates on Twitter

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Austin Monthly Style Shoot

I pitched a story to Austin Monthly in April for a style shoot. The concept I pitched was for how the photos should look and a rough idea of what the models might be wearing. I had wanted the shots to be all outside, showing the beauty of early spring. The crew at Austin Monthly does not want to travel far, so I scouted all over the city for wild places of beauty-places that would you would think were out in the country (which there are many).

The weather was not looking good though, it was dark, dark, dark, and rain seemed imminent. So I began to look at indoor spaces to shoot in for a back up.  I found this cabin near lake Travis that looked like it could be a good back drop, went out there and shot a lot of potential backgrounds and matched them up with a rough shot list I had put together. On the day of the shoot it gets very hectic; getting in six shots between the hours of 9-5 with out an assistant can be challenging, (especially when you have to factor in time for hair and make up and choosing clothing) so I was really glad I had done a lot of prep work. The magazine came out two weeks ago and the spread looks great.

See the layouts in the InPrint Portfolio http://www.smcintyre.com/














No comments:

Post a Comment