Get blog updates on Twitter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shooting naked

While working on my new website I wrote some stories for the About page that didn't make it into the mix. I thought this blog would be a good place to share them. Here's one:


Most challenging shoot: 5 naked sax players on Auditorium Shores for the Naked Austin Calendar.  I've had more physically difficult shoots, like shooting in a clean room in silicon valley with a mask and gloves on and high humidity (try seeing through a plastic mask when your breath keeps fogging it up), or shooting out of a helicopter, but this shoot sticks out in my mind because of pesky passersby and their camera phones. I like my subjects to feel comfortable, and while this was a very uncomfortable shoot, people stopping to take photos bothered me and I had to run a few off. Note to self...next time maybe don't shoot the naked guys on Auditorium Shores.

See more work: http://www.smcintyre.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment